IMG Replay | Help & User Guides
IMG Replay is an online digital library containing some of the most iconic sporting moments from around the World and an ever growing collection of entertainment and fashion properties. Once registered, users can search for and view requested clips through a personal collection and download to edit and share.
IMG Replay enables registered users to view, clip, order, download and receive delivery of media via an easily accessible and managed account. It is free to register for an account and access is reserved for business use only and is subject to approval by site administrators. Please note, we are unable to accommodate personal requests for casual viewing purposes only.
1. To start, simply click "Register" in the top right menu bar and enter your details as requested, including any mandatory fields marked with *
2. Once submitted, a site administrator will review your account request and you will receive a confirmation email when your account has been activated. Please note, if further details are required to verify or approve your account an IMG Replay representative will get in touch.
3. Once approved, click "Log In" link from any page on the IMG Replay site to start sourcing media for your next project.
If you forget your password, please click the "Forgotten your password" link and a temporary password will be sent to your registered email address.
BROWSING PARTNER CONTENT
IMG Replay exclusively represents footage media rights on behalf of over 40 properties, facilitating access and/or licensing of a vast library of media, both online and offline.
1. Click on "Partner Content" in the main menu to see a list of content partners.
2. Use the top filters to find the relevant partner logo.
3. Select the relevant partner logo to see more details and access associated online media.
4. To access available online content, navigate to Content tab and select the desired event*.
5. Browse dynamic event and match data to easily navigate and identify the desired media to view.
6. Select the thumbnail or linked data to open the associated media on a record page.
*Please note, only selected partners currently have media available to browse and access online.
A basic search will use the key term entered to search through a number of metadata fields associated to each archived record and return results on a hitlist page. It is also possible to view all records currently available to view online on IMG Replay's platform, simply click the [search] icon to the right of the search bar.
To perform a basic search;
1. Enter a search term into the search bar on any IMG Replay page.
2. Click the search icon or hit return on your keyboard.
3. The results will be returned on a search results page.
4. Filter the results by the fields (Genre, Sport, Event, Year etc) on the left.
5. Use the 'Sort by' drop down filter to display the results according to the relevant options.
6. Use the page numbers and the 'Next' and 'Last' at the top and bottom of the page to browse more pages if more than one page of results is retrieved.
7. Click on the thumbnail, title or right click to 'jump to' search keyword for the record you wish to view.
To perform a more advanced search;
1. "quotation marks" can be used to search for exact phrases only.
2. OR will retrieve results where either of the words appear in the record metadata.
3. AND will retrieve only the results that contain both words.
4. NOT will retrieve results that do contain the search term in the metadata.
To save searches;
1. Click on the [star] icon at the top of the search results page.
2. Give your saved search a title and click ‘Save’.
VIEWING MEDIA & CREATING CLIPS
Retrieve results and subsequent records using one of the search methods outlined above or enter a collection containing records by clicking on 'My Collections', managed within 'My Account'. When viewing a record you can view the media and associated media and metadata, create clips, download screeners and add media to a collection.
To navigate and source your desired clips within the media;
- Video Player controls can be used to play the media, pause, scrub, mute and enter full screen.
- Filter the 'shotlist' to the right of the video player to highlight relevant metadata on the media's timeline.
- Explore Media to filter the 'shotlist' with pre-determined keywords, suggested by event.
- Frames tab, simply click on the desired frame to play back media from a specific frame in the video player, and change the interval to expand or reduce options.
To create clip/s within the media;
1. Click on the [scissor] icon to create your first clip.
2. Adjust the clip start and end points, using the yellow-bar scroll, keyboard shortcuts or use the dropdown to select a duration.
3. Click on the clip name (caption) to rename the clip and click 'SET'
4. To create multiple clips on the same record, click 'NEW CLIP' and repeat steps 2-3.
Please note, keyboard shortcuts are available to navigate the media and source desired clips with ease. Use Ctrl + Alt + K to view available shortcuts.
To download screeners;
1. Click 'Order Clip for Download' button at the top of the clips section.
2. You can track your orders under the [bell] icon and will receive a notification when your order is ready to download.
3. Go to 'My Downloads' within 'My Account' to download the screener to your device.
Please note, media under 'My Downloads' expires after 30 days and must be re-ordered to download the media after the expiration date has passed.
4. For full record screeners, simply select the 'Download Media' button above the video player.
To add media to 'My Collections';
1. Clips, click the 'Add Clips To Collection' button at the top of the clips section. Full Record, click the 'Add Full Record To Collection' button at the top of the video player.
2. Either create a new collection by entering a title and clicking "Create" or select a pre existing collection from the drop down list and click "Add record to my collection".
Under "My Account", you are able to manage your saved collections within "My Collections", 'Enquire' for media orders and/or licensing and receive orders to download within "My Downloads". The link to update your contact details can also be located under "My Account".
My Collections can be used to create collections of clips, images and/or full records which are stored together under any given title. Any number of collections can be created and any number of clips, images and/or full records can be added to a collection, you can also save individual notes with each collection.Please note, it is advised to order by enquiry by media type.
To create a collection;
1. Retrieve search results containing records you wish to add.
2. Click "Add to My Collection" underneath the desired record thumbnail.
3. Either create a new collection by entering a title and clicking "Create" or select a pre existing collection from the list and click "Add record to My Collection".
Once a collection has been created it can be viewed, edited or deleted. To view My Collections (under "My Account");
1. Click on "My Account" and see the "My Collections" section.
2. A list of your collections will be displayed by default on the left hand side of this page, to view a particular collection click on its title. My Collections and My Downloads can be individually moved from left to right aligned as you wish.
3. Once a full record or a clip (different icons are shown on the media to distinguish) there are the following options;
- Remove from my collection
4. At a collection level when 1 or more record or clip are placed in an individual collection, there are the following options;
- View public version (This can be shared with other users.)
- Edit title
- Edit description
My Downloads shows all of the media that each registered user has requested for download. Refresh to ensure all recent requested downloads are shown. To download the file to a chosen location for your use;
1. A file can only be saved to your location once the requested download has fully processed.
2. Select Download from the dropdown menu.
3. Save to your chosen location.
NB. Speed of download will depend on your bandwidth and the length of the requested clip and/or the original record size.
IMG Replay powered by Imagen.