- The ABB FIA Formula E Championship is the electric street racing series and the world’s first fully-electric international single-seater category in motorsport.
- Each season of the electric street racing series has produced a new champion: Nelson Piquet Jr. (season one), Sebastien Buemi (season two), Lucas di Grassi (season three) and Jean-Eric Vergne (season four).
- The fifth edition of the ABB FIA Formula E Championship sees 11 teams and 22 drivers tackle 13 races in 12 cities across five continents in a bid to be crowned champion. Including new destinations in Ad Diriyah, Sanya and Bern, the season will come to a close in New York City on July 13 & 14.
- Formula E is continuing to attract some of the leading names and renowned brands in motorsport and the automotive industry. For this season, Formula E has nine manufacturers on its roster - including Nissan - taking over the existing entry from Renault - and BMW linking-up with Andretti. This number is set to rise further still, with the highly-anticipated inclusion of Mercedes-Benz and Porsche in season six.
- For season five, Formula E enters a new and exciting era next season with the competitive debut of the next generation car. The striking new model boasts a distinctive futuristic design and demonstrates a clear step-up in performance with almost double the energy storage capacity - allowing teams and drivers to complete a full race distance at higher speeds without needing to swap cars.
Other Information: International Sound cleared for all footage/programming.
*All footage/programming is licensed on a non-exclusive basis and subject to final approval.
The ABB FIA Formula E Championship is the world’s first fully-electric international single-seater street racing series. Consisting of eleven teams and 22 drivers in Season 5, Formula E delivers world-class racing to 12 cities over five continents, throughout the seven-month Championship season. Bringing racing rivalries to city streets, set against some of the most iconic skylines in the world - such as New York, Hong Kong, Paris and Rome - Formula E is racing, reinvented.